|What you need to complete your breeding colony.
- A heat source to provide heat to your Dubia Roach colony.
- A Plastic bin or container to store your Dubia Roach colony.
- Egg crates or other materials to provide a suitable surface for the females to birth their babies.
(this can be egg crates, empty toilet paper rolls, empty tissue boxes or crumpled up newspapers)
Put all this together and you have the perfect environment for a thriving Dubia roach colony. Each female Dubia roach will birth up to 40 babies per month, and provide you with endless amounts of Dubia for feeding. The Adult Dubia in our breeder package comes straight from our Dubia supply and are more than likely already pregnant. You can see new fresh Dubia roaches in as a little as a few days.
Tips for increased success.
- Use a reptile heat mat, human heating pad, cable box, top of dryer, near hot water heater or any other suitable heat source to keep your Dubia at optimal temperatures.
- Feed your Dubia daily, You can use roach chow, potatoes, grapes, carrots or any other food source you have available. Make sure to not leave the food no more than 12 hours. Mold will kill your colony.
- Always use dried water crystals or water gel to water your Dubia roaches. Standing water creates to much moisture and promotes mold growth and increases drowning.
- Clean your Dubia colony at least 1 every 2 weeks to keep it clean and mold free.